Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Consultant

Dear Colleague,

I would like to take a rain check on that vision of yours, although I can hear where you're coming from. I think you have the suburbs of an idea there and you're heading for the high street. I would like to kick it around, find a window to consider it and cascade the information to some functional unit main players at the next steering group brain-storm workshop. I will then get back to you to arrange a salient convocation in an interface situation where we can touch base so that we are all singing out of the same hymn book and not act like a pork pie in a synagogue by throwing the baby out with the bath water and bring a successful scenario.

With regard to your work station relocation, I interfaced with the man with his finger on the button, He said that a monitoring committee would be formed, not to re-invent the wheel but to see if a roll forward situation could be established or in your case to get the bolder up the hill. It's priority will be to revisit your problem and to bring you up to speed as a matter of course, but at the moment we are in a no win situation and finding participants for a workshop was like nailing jelly to the ceiling so until a window of opportunity opens your problems remain parked. As you know at this moment in time your about as much use as a chocolate teapot, therefore until we can overturn this negative scenario by removing the rocks from the runway, your mission will be ongoing. You will have to carry on wearing the same cap badge while fending off the hoards with a bread knife tied to a broom handle and stay latched. Let us not forget that in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.

In short you will have to watch my lips, first time, every time. This will enable me to create a visibility project as an activity owner. I can then make a value added stats pack, flag it up, cascade it down and roll it out by the end of play today. This should enable you to stop acting as a shadow by fast tracking a user friendly menu driven option downstream. When push comes to shove you can run me up to speed before we see the bow wave coming on. As there is an enabling tool in train you must not try to eat the elephant in one go.

I will therefore take this one away and decide on a ball park figure in accordance with the benchmarks, targets and milestones you have been running past me. If you can pick it up and run with it I'll take that one away and hopefully avoid a drains up situation.

Regards

The Consultant

No comments: